Friday 27 March 2009

Why bother blogging?

Okay, one thing you'll undoubtedly have noticed about me is that so far my immersion in the blogosphere has been limited to comments about other people's posts.

Generally speaking, my creativity doesn't expand to "things I can just waffle about for hours" - I tend to need a little bit of prompting, which is why Rockjaw's blog has frequently ended up with me writing more stuff than he does.

Topics I'll discuss until the cows come home, though, are Roleplaying (well, duh!), City of Heroes, and Dungeons & Dragons.

I've never been shy about the fact that I have spent several thousand shiny English Pounds on RP books. It was a point of pride for me many moons ago that I knew the entire AD&D2E ruleset by heart.

I've waffled a lot elsewhere about my feelings regarding what D&D 4E is and isn't, and how it compares to 3.5E, which holds the number-one spot for me in the RP-stakes right now. I'll undoubtedly do so again, and I'll probably do it here.

I'll also review my weekly gaming sessions, when I remember to (and if I get the chance), as well as putting up thoughts about the different RP experiences I'm currently having.

For anyone who doesn't know, then, here's a brief look at my current RP commitments:

Wednesday nights: D&D night. Currently playing a 4E published adventure. I'm still learning the game, so I don't know how my feelings will change.

Sunday nights: Online Mutants & Masterminds. This is a homegrown adventure/campaign arc following a group of heroes in the pre-published Freedom City setting. It's being played using IRC, and you'll undoubtedly be hearing a lot about my thoughts on that, too.

Other nights: Whenever I'm not doing something else with my lovely wife Pix (don't ask, I won't tell), I can usually be found hanging around the Galaxy Girl statue in the MMO City of Heroes. If I'm not there, I'm probably RPing with a friend over MSN (or Windows Live, or whatever it's called these days).

So, right now things are pretty open. If anyone has anything they think I should blog about, let me know. If not, I'll just blog what I can, when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment