Monday 27 July 2009

Weekly Games: D&D 4E

Well, it's that time of the week again where I recap what's been going on in the wonderful world of Chemlak.

In my 4E game this week... we had a lot of fun. I'm still somewhat bemused by this, and I have found myself thinking longingly of 3.5E characters and the 3.5E system.

As always, I'll try to avoid any serious spoilers, but suffice to say that the ongoing dungeon crawl is proceeding apace. Everyone is now pretty much settled into their roles and knows the effects of their powers, so combat is getting smoother and quicker.

I'm still ambivalent about the skill system, though, and I'm just waiting for a chance to dig in and use it more fully.

That's about all I've got to say on this right now - I don't hate the game, but I'm still unsure about its usefulness as a roleplaying system. Great power and combat system, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment