Monday 20 April 2009

Weekly Games: M&M

Wow.

Considering what happened last time we actually played my M&M game, I'm really chuffed with how last night went.

Exercising my rights as a GM, I finished the previous scene with an outcome that was both suitable and probable - Tia Henderson's children were rescued, the crooks were carted off to jail, and the old lady had a collapse requiring her to be taken to hospital. That cleared up what happened to the players who didn't show due to other commitments. Oh, and gave me a good excuse to hand out a hero point to all of the players.

Everyone else headed back to the school, the kids in tow, and we could move on to the real crux of the session - the introduction of Gemini and the news that the PC's identities have been compromised (and before anyone panics and thinks "Ebil GM has ruined secret identity RP!" - no, I haven't. I always leave myself an out).

Liberty Belle, in her secret identity of Tia Henderson (and I still get Agent Smith in my head saying "Ms. Henderson"...), has noticed that she is being watched. She reveals that information to Special Agent Brown of the FBI, in the hearing of the other heroes, who suddenly (okay, sometimes the d20 system gets a little silly) get cautious and start looking around themselves... and manage to identifty their own stalkers, who are all engaged in a discussion over short-wave radios.

Oni (awesomely powerful and generally ultra-dude) blasts himself up to full speed (which is pretty insane - IIRC it's 22,000 feet as a move action) and tries to steal a radio... which he does. Phew.

Rapscallion (tech-dudette and pistolier extraordinaire) uses her cloaking device and intimidates her stalker into surrendering his radio.

All well and good.

Then ensued one of the most fun conversations I've had in a while.

A woman comes on the radio, and starts a dialogue with Oni - calling him "Oni", "Target 2" and "Jason", just to drive the truth home about how much deep doo-doo he's actually in.

"... actually I was getting sort of attached to being called 'Target 2', but you can call me whatever you like."

"Well, given that I'm currently watching you down the barrel of a rifle loaded with an armour piercing bullet, how about I just call you... dead?"

BANG!

...

Okay, I'm not that cruel. She actually shot the stalker, not Oni. It was deliberate, intentional, and oh so damn cold.

While everyone at the school panics and scrambles inside to get under cover, Rapscallion handcuffs her stalker to a railing-fence... and he then gets shot, too.

Gemini is a cold-hearted bitch.

Scouting the area, Rapscallion spots a figure on the roof of the school... but it turns out to be a man in the uniform of an air-conditioning repair and maintenance firm. He left (the huge wall of spandex was pretty scary, really), and the heroes quickly checked the rooftop... only to find two bullet-casings.

The mystery deepens.

*****

Okay, that was pretty much the entire session - which was about an hour and a half of play-time, all told. None too shabby, if you ask me.

I've now introduced (formally) Scorpio, Pisces, Virgo and Gemini. There have been others, too, but I'm keeping quiet about who and when they were met.

Here's hoping that the next session goes as well as this one did.

2 comments:

  1. So how are you playing your games? Face-to-face, Virtual tabletop, or ICQ/IM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weekly D&D game is face-to-face with my long-term RP group (which includes my lovely wife, Pix) - good old traditional RPing.

    The Mutants & MAsterminds game is being played online using a private IRC server (owned by FFM - which will mean something to anyone who knows of him, and nothing to anyone else). Take a gander at my earlier posts (specifically one called "Currently, at chez Chem") for a lot more detail.

    ReplyDelete